Remanufacturing Industries Council
The members of the Remanufacturing Industries Council, Inc. (RIC) are practitioners from a wide variety of remanufacturing industry sectors, industry trade associations and academic institutions who have joined together to serve as a forum for education and the exchange of ideas and to represent and advance the interests of the entire remanufacturing industry.
It is the policy of RIC that RIC members, guests and other persons participating in meetings organized by RIC are expected to conduct their meetings in strict compliance with the antitrust laws of the United States.
It is the clear understanding of both the Remanufacturing Industries Council, Inc. and its members that this written antitrust policy prohibits any discussions that constitute or imply an agreement or understanding concerning:
- prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale of goods purchased and/or sold, including:
- cores and other remanufacturing inputs;
- finished remanufactured or other products; and
- any other goods and services;
- profits, profit margins or cost data;
- market shares, sales territories or markets;
- allocation of customers or territories;
- selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers;
- restricting the territory or markets in which a company may resell products;
- restricting the customers to whom a company may sell; or
- any matter which is inconsistent with the proposition that each remanufacturer, wholesaler and distributor must exercise its independent business judgment in pricing its services or products, dealing with its customers and suppliers, and choosing markets in which it will compete.
In order to facilitate compliance with antitrust and nonprofit organization laws, meeting discussions should be conducted in accordance with a written agenda of topics provided to attendees, and meeting minutes should be recorded during all Council meetings. These procedures apply to meetings held in person or via conference call or other electronic means.
All employees and members of RIC will receive a copy of this Policy and are expected to acknowledge in writing that it has been read and understood. A copy of this Policy will also be provided to all participants at any conference or meeting sponsored by RIC.
Nothing in this policy or in the antitrust laws prevents the Remanufacturing Industries Council, Inc. and its members from jointly presenting issues of concern to federal, state, and legislative and regulatory authorities to seek appropriate legal relief for the industry.